A good international courier service can be one of your most effective business tools. This allows you to provide special services to customers and clients. However, not all of these companies offer exceptional service and when you choose a courier, quality should be one of the most important factors. Here is why a quality certified company is so important to your business.
What is a Quality Certification?
Some companies are in business to provide quality services and they take the time to have an effective quality management system in place. This is why they strive to be ISO 9001 certified. What is an ISO 9000 certification? Let’s look a little closer.
ISO stands for International Standards Organization, and they are behind an important quality management system which is recognized all over the world. In order to be certified, a company must incorporate 8 important principles into their business. For example:
1. Focus on customers – the most important thing for a certified business is the customer. These businesses focus on the specific needs of their customers so they can meet or even exceed expectations. The needs of the customer are stressed all throughout the company.
2. Leadership – everyone is working for a common goal. Action is taken to minimize mistakes and miscommunications. Everyone is periodically evaluated within the international courier service.
3. People involvement – the entire organization is involved in the process of quality control. This starts by making each member accountable for their own actions. There are no pointing fingers or blaming others or different departments.
4. Quality as a process – a process approach means resources are used effectively to increase production without sacrificing quality.
5. Managing with a system approach – aligning and integrating processes to increase efficiency and communications.
6. Striving for continued improvement – no matter how well you are doing, there is always room for improvement. Improvements are acknowledged and recognized and workers are provided training which includes ways to improve their jobs.
7. Decisions based on facts, not hunches – making sure necessary data is available to everyone needing it.
8. Establishing supplier relationships which are mutually beneficial – identifying the best suppliers and improving communications.
The Importance of Quality
When you choose a quality certified international courier service you are choosing a company focused on the needs of its customers. This ensures the best possible service. These companies understand just how important the customer is and they are there to take care of all your needs. You can depend on prompt delivery and exceptional support when you need it.